Crosby~Volmer’s experienced account leadership team and our committed support staff work together to offer top-tier public relations, marketing and strategic communications services to our clients. The firm’s staff is comprised of PR pros, former attorneys, journalists, senior White House officials, aides from Congressional leadership and association industry experts.
Our team of communications professionals has developed public relations campaigns that establish our clients as leaders in their industries. Crosby~Volmer’s team of savvy and creative media professionals are accomplished and driven, confident that we can reach your desired target audiences and deliver your bottom-line objectives.
Robert M. Volmer, President
As a founding partner of Crosby~Volmer International Communications, Rob brings more than 15 years of experience in consumer and business-to-business product/brand marketing, government, public affairs and corporate public relations. He currently oversees the day-to-day management for the agency and plays an active role in all client business, specifically in the areas of strategic planning, counsel, message development and overall program design.
Background / Accomplishments
- Clients ranging from The Prudential to Dow Chemical have looked to Rob for counsel regarding their strategic communications. Rob has worked with 17 Fortune 500 Companies on consumer and B2B media relations, investor relations, crisis communications, and internal communications.
- Capitol Hill – Rob regularly engineers events and press conferences geared towards a Capitol Hill audience. He has arranged more than 20 Congressional testimony opportunities on behalf of Crosby~Volmer clients.
- Rob has worked with foreign governments including the countries of Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Senegal on strategic messaging and public relations programs both in the U.S. and abroad.
- He has personally run press conferences in 34 countries worldwide for government and corporate clients.
- Rob has managed more than 15 successful company/product launches including entry into the U.S. market for the Chinese America Electronics Corporation, one of the 100 largest companies in China.
- Product launches have included mobile entertainment devices, tires, alcohol, technology, and beauty products on six continents.
- Associations including The National Association of Broadcasters, National Beer Wholesalers Association, and Electronic Industries Alliance have depended on Rob’s expertise to communicate their messages to target audiences ranging from Capitol Hill to state Capitals to consumers.
- Prior to co-founding Crosby~Volmer, Rob worked for the Air Transport Association (ATA) where he managed public relations efforts as Manager of Corporate Communications for the Air Travel Card division.
- Rob has also managed media relations campaigns for hotels including Hilton Hotels Corporation and The Hay-Adams Hotel in Washington, D.C.
Andrew K. Crosby, Managing Principal
Andrew Crosby is a public relations professional with more than 15 years of experience in customer-targeted communications, business-to-business relations, government affairs, public affairs and corporate communications. He serves as managing principal and operates out of our Memphis office.
Andrew works closely with the US State Department on government contracts with US Embassies worldwide. Since 2002, Andrew has worked in Kyrgyzstan, Albania, and Nigeria to name a few.
Andrew has developed a thriving health care business at Crosby~Volmer working with regional hospitals, large associations and Web-based clients.
Background / Accomplishments
- Prior to Crosby~Volmer, Andrew served as Director of Public Relations and Marketing for Crispies Company International, a multi-national textiles company based in Washington, D.C., where he gained professional acclaim for his creative, multi-national campaigns.
- Crosby has held positions with Cable News Network (CNN) in Atlanta, Georgia, and Fleishman-Hillard, International Communications in Washington, D.C.
- He has developed and implemented public relations plans and marketing initiatives for clients including Chubb Insurance, Lucent Technologies, Honda North America, Merrill Lynch and Trans World Airlines.
Crosby holds a B.A. degree in Philosophy from Furman University.